Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dipping the toe...

I must say I'm not really missing the beer drinking thing. I feel much better physically and mentally my head is clearer and more focused. Lot less drama too. Without the beer I'm getting to bed earlier and I'm pretty much acting like a responsible adult. It's feeling pretty good overall. I only had one slight moment of romance about it and fought the urge.

This morning my number one focus was to get to the pool. I swam 1500 on Tuesday and had to put in some miles. If not, everything I did the week before would be for not.

It's great having LA Fitness around the corner, no excuses. I ended up doing 4 km today, I would have like to have done 5.5 km and decided not to, I felt it wasn't going to make me any faster. Rather I think consistency is more of the key. When I got my fastest I was swimming twice a week consistently. Leading up to Vegas my goal is to swim at least 3 days a week consistently, hopefully more if I can mentally break the barrier of hating swimming. I need to find a redeeming quality about it that I can think of. For example, "when I swim, I have my moments of zen" or something like that.

I was going to do a long run today and bailed, I went to the movie Moneyball with Alice. Brad Pitt is one awesome actor. When we got back it was too cold and near dinner time. I didn't want to run in the cool or dark. I put it off until tomorrow, an extra day of rest is probably a good thing. I thrashed the hell out of my legs this past week.

Earlier in the day I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Apple to get Alyssa's computer on Apple Care. It turns out they couldn't find her computer and serial number in the database which worked out well for me. Here computer was bought close to 18 months ago, to get on Apple Care you need to get on within the first year. They ended up having to transfer me to a couple departments, I had to email a screenshot of the serial number and they put it manually into their system with me telling them I bought it 11 months ago. They also gave me a $50 discount because Alyssa is a student. I love when a plan comes together.

Other than eat some crap food tonight I didn't do much but relax. The one upside is I feel I'm getting firmer and I've often heard to mix up your eating and your training so your body doesn't get into a routine. Well eating healthy one day and then eating some crap food the next day is definitely mixing it up. Same with training. I like the idea of a low day and then a blast like hell for a couple days. It too shakes the body up. Food wise my down fall today was some movie popcorn and mint chocolate chip ice cream. The one positive thing about mint ice cream is for some reason you can't eat excessive amounts of it, it must be the mint in it. The same goes for things like After Eights, the peppermint does something. Not sure what, but I don't eat as much of anything with mint in it.

Swim - 1:26:24 / 4023 km
3924 calories


No comments: