After a eating disaster day yesterday, I stepped on the scale and when I saw it was going to land on 190 lbs, I got off. Don't want to see it. I knew I needed to get things under control and get my will power back.
My morning was spent on the phone with Al and then my brother. All future business talk. I definitely felt like I was out of the spiral and getting back to normal head wise. Talking to Al, Jamie and Alice helped get me back to ground. Al mentioned that the fact that I'm doubting and looking closely and getting opinions is a good thing, he'd be more worried if I jumped into it like my brother.
Bob is still committed to moving forward. I've started to narrow the opportunities in different market segments. Right now it's hair, massage / physio, and dollarstore. My plan is to look at all these types of franchises super close and take my time. When I pull the trigger on whatever I do I want to make sure I feel 100% confident that it's the direction for me.
I'm even starting to consider the SEO and Internet marketing business. Poochie is doing such a good job that I'm thinking I could easily bundle his services and charge 3 or 4 times what he costs me. A name even popped into my head, "Results Internet Marketing". I think it says it all. I'm going to wait and see how Poochie does with the Caricature Toons website. It will be obvious it if works, if it does, I'll see results in the next 30 - 60 days.
I pushed my training back as far as I could. I had no weather excuses, it was beautiful out and I had a biking speed work session from yesterday and a running speed work scheduled today to do. I like cycling, I was dreading these workouts, speed work is hard and it's been a while since I did it, I know how painful it can get.
Undeterred I forced myself out the door and started the ride. It was a depressing ride, yet one of my fastest overall for biking speed work, go figure. I felt heavy. As I rode I was getting disgusted at myself for eating poorly. More along the lines of internally realizing that when I eat so poorly I negate all the positive effects of hard or long training sessions, like today's. If I finish this ride and go get some ice cream I just wasted a ride. It was very motivating at a deep soulful level.
My overall speed was fast, it didn't feel fast during the intervals. I didn't let it get on me too much, my heart rate was still high, sometimes in the low 160's, which means my body is working. It was one of those ride that even though it was windy it didn't feel like the wind was negatively effecting me. I think the creatine was helping my muscles strengthen. Not to mention a recovery day yesterday. Although I couldn't stop thinking that had all I did was NOT eat ice cream I'd be miles ahead and not carrying an extra 8 lbs on the bike.
When I got home I grabbed my gps and headed to the track at Corpus Cristie. I asked Reid if he wanted to go, it's his high school track and some of his buddies would be there at football practice. He didn't want to go. This was the first track session in a while and it felt worse than on the bike. My speed was slow, slow, slow and my heart rate was much higher than past speed work sessions. It was another come to Jesus motivational talk at my soul level. I was just feeling that if I didn't eat healthy after today's session that I would be wasting my time.
Running the track was hard. I had to dig deep just to finish. I'm sure that to the guys playing football I didn't look like I was going fast. I think my fastest was 4:09 per km pace and my slowest was about 4:26 per km pace. Not great when I think in the past I've done in the 3's. Upside, high heart rate, having to suffer for my eating sins, some motivation to smarten up AND no greater feeling than finishing an extremely tough session.
To further add to my training day, I got home from the track, changed my clothes, had some water. I was so thirsty I didn't bring water to the track. Then it was off to LA Fitness for some weight training. My strength from my last session was down at least 30%. Again, I think the creatine really helped before. I decided to get off it for now and see what happens. Since not taking it since Tuesday I've been peeing like crazy, I guess the water weight is leaving my body. It was one hard weight training session, my legs were already pumped from the speed work sessions and the weights and my arms were still feeling it from Saturday's weights, I went overboard on that session. By far it was my hardest I've ever done.
I didn't even have time to shower when I finished, I picked Alice up and we met up with Jamie, Barb and Alex at the movies and watched Contagious. I even only ordered a SMALL popcorn. I don't even know if I've ever had a SMALL popcorn in my life. I went through too much pain and suffering today to sabotage it by following up with eating junk and lots of it. I wasn't going reck my day. I was going to try and go for a swim after the movie and decided not to, I felt my shoulders needed a break and I'll do a long swim tomorrow.
Speed Bike - 1:11:17 / 37.99 kms / 32.0 kph avg / 139 avg hr.
Speed Run - 1:01:13 / 12.17 km / 5:01 avg pace / 150 avg hr
Weights - 45 minutes.
1773 Calories
5 comments:
AWESOME JOB BUDDY. Back oin track, just try to keep it that way now.
great job gettn to the track
now is the time to rally
BIG time rally to your race
time to tweak out so you can pull off the ole Training Payne rockstar Tri Race
plenty of time to peak
S, thanks. Feels good.
D, yup, I'm not concerned, the rally has begun. All I need is 3-4 weeks of great training and I'll be fast.
B
I am not going to bullshit you... for speed work, your times still suck.
Since this run is more on the half marathon front, your speed work should be a couple notches faster than that... make sure you are getting anaerobic during the workout to get full benefit from hitting the track.
Other than that, it appears you have had a good comeback week this week. Stay strong and keep pushing through the workouts. Glad you got the motivation back!
M, or should I say "dingleberry", yes they were slow, BUT I couldn't go any faster. It was the first speed work session in 2 months. I'm not worried, I can ONLY get faster. haha. I'm already seeing it on the bike, the run will not be far behind.
B
Post a Comment