Monday, September 5, 2011

Time Warp...

I woke up with another weird dream, this one I think has some legs. I often dream and during my dreams thing, "this would make a great movie" then wake up and can't remember the dream. Last night I had a dream that I thought would make a great movie and then realized it was just a take on the movie we saw yesterday, Midnight in Paris.

The dream I had was I was in a building and every floor I went to was a different year in my life. There was 1981, then up to 1982 and so on. When I woke up I realized that I combined the movie Midnight in Paris with the World Trade Centre shows I'd been watching yesterday.

Then magic happened, I put it all together and came up with a cool business concept.

The concept is a multi-level bar that has different era's on each floor. For example, you get in a large elevator and the buttons say things like 1880's, 20's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's - 90's, and present day, and when the door opens the bar is an exact replica of a bar from that era. The decor, the people that work there, the entertainment, everything.

You could go to the a saloon setting of the 1800's, or the roaring and golden1920's which was the jazz age,  or the big band 50's, or the swinging 60's, or the disco 70's, or the crappy music of the 80's - 90's. The era's could be determined, but the general idea is the same. I envision a large elevator, a time travel elevator operator who asks you where your traveling and when the doors open you have time travelled yourself to a different era which is exactly how it was.

I could see people even dressing up for the night depending on where they are going. You could rent or sell clothes for that era in the incredibly big gift shop. People could bar hop from era to era in the same building. It could be a tall building or a building that is built into the ground, which would be very cool. It could be a smaller building on the top, and the elevator goes down and when the doors open the bar is enormous. All the waiters, waitresses and entertainers are completely in character. They are no different than the workers at Disney, they are referred to as actors. It's essentially a Disneyland for Adults.

When I woke up I told Reid, Alice, Alyssa and her friend Stephanie, who is her visiting, my idea. They actually liked it. I then went for a massage and told my massage therapist the idea and she loved it. She got wrapped up in it. I was telling her I think something like this would have to be in a high tourist area like near Disney World or some sort of destination. She said it would work great in Japan. The Japanese love anything American, when she was younger she went to Japan as part of an American musical and the Japanese loved it. I agreed with Japan, plus Japanese love drinking till the wee hours of the morning.

Anyways, I know it's not realistic, it's easily a $5-$10 million dollar project. I just think it would be really cool to go to a bar like that, I'd call it "Time Warp" or "The Time Warp". I'd definitely visit a bar like that without hesitation and if it was done awesome I'd go again and tell all my friends to go to it. Anyone have $10 million dollars they want to invest?

On the training front I had my massage and then went to LA Fitness to do weights. I should have just done lower body. My chest was feeling very good and after I did my upper body I did more damage than good. I realized I made a mistake and I should have rested it and just did lower body. Damn. The plan now is to only do lower body weights and upper body that doesn't effect the chest and get back into the pool. Hopefully this week.

It was cool out today. I hate riding in the cool. I so much didn't want to go out and almost didn't. It was 4 pm and I had nothing to do and I told Alice I'm going out for a ride. She said, "you Ironman just can do nothing with your spare time". True. It's just that I looked at the weather and it was not going to get any better tomorrow and I have a run to do and I figured lets just SIU and get it done. It was a dreadful ride. I felt strong physically, mentally I didn't have fun. I was going to go 2.5 hours and just did under 2 hours. That was enough. I was actually feeling like I was burnt out mentally which is strange, I haven't overloaded on the training. I really worked hard to keep my heart rate over 117 bpm. I had to push it many a time to do it.

Before my ride, standing, my heart rate was 51 bpm. Which is awesome, it's been a while since I've had it down to that, it just shows my body is reacting positively to the non beer, the non late nights, the non cigars and the good eating. I remember my lying down lowest heart rate was 38 bpm, I'm going to have to test it in the next week to see where I am, I bet it's not far off.

Eating wise, today was a 6 on 10. I did very well although tonight I had some skittles and licorice. I needed something to suck on as we watched the documentary "The Greatest Movie that was ever Sold" . We all watched it but Reid, he was out skateboarding and it trying to get into shape. He wants to get Jacked. He's been posing his biceps, or his guns as he likes to call it, around the house. He even went for a run yesterday and the entire time was playing the Rocky Theme Song. Even today all I heard the the Rocky theme song as he was on the computer. He starts high school on Wednesday and he's looking forward to it and he's now at that age where looking good for the girls matters, I assume that's it.

After the movie, I had a near 90 minute hot bath. I figured it would help my calf heal, couldn't hurt. I've always wished I had a TV in the bathroom when taking a bath. Then realized I have a laptop and Netflix. Perfect. I picked a great documentary on stand up comedians and watched that. Sitting in the tub also kept me away from the skittles and licorice. I didn't go overboard on the snacks but my body didn't feel good after eating them and for the first time in near a week I was getting gas. Those observations say it all about what foods are good for you. It's all about listening to your body. I could have pizza, no problem, if I have too much pizza my body starts feeling sick. Again, the body will tell you.

Other than getting to bed a little later than I hoped, around 12:30 am, it was a good day. I guess it's not too bad, I woke up this morning at 10:30 am. I got lots of sleep. I even missed my 10 am scheduled call with my Virtual Assistant. I had to reschedule for later in the afternoon.

I'm still thinking of doing the Pocono's. Alice things I'm a gluten for punishment, that it will be super cold. She's right, the high for that time of year is only in the low 60's. I'd just like to see my progress. Wednesday will be interesting to see where my weight is at. I'm hoping I'll be down at least a couple of pounds. If not, I'll have to adjust my eating to less.

Weights - 45 minutes
Mod Bike - 1:54:52 / 57.08 / 29.8 kph / 123 bpm avg
2987 Calories

4 comments:

DRog said...

that is an AWESOME idea!
love it

way better than the bar I always wanted to open up in a warehouse district called The Garage and have drinks like oil change and radiator flush etc etc

my plan was to start bookmaking and taking sports bets out of The Garage...I know , I am SMART


D

Simon said...

Love the bar idea. I'd simplify the name and just call it "Warped" that would fit your personality too (that was meant seriously and in a good way just in case you wondered).

However would I invest in it? NO. I owned two bars in Malaysia from 1997 to 2000. Both were literally the busiest bars in the respective cities. But poor management (I was an owner and did not manage them), staff stealing and general incompetence resulted in me losing 100s of 1000's of USD.

Bars are a very bad investment if you ask me. You either trust someone to manage it and they screw up or you manage it yourself and stay up until 4am every night - no fun there. Plus you put on 40kg in the process.

And at the end of the day the fickle cliental walk over the street to the shiny new bar that just opened and you're screwed anyway.

Do I sound bitter and twisted - baa, humbug and bollox!

JohnP said...

Love that your eating is under control - you're inspiring me to get my fat ass back on track :)

bar idea is cool but Simon's right, every one of my buddies that got into bars ended up hating it.

Bryan said...

D, thanks, amazing what you can get from a dream.

S, I'm with you, no bar investment for me too. Plus the last thing I need is the added drinking. haha.

J, glad to hear your becoming a fat ass again Mr. Skinny.

B