Sunday, October 2, 2011

Finally a little speed...

First off today was a miserable day. I headed to the track and it was 4 C and rain. I wasn't missing this speed work session. It was the first time I've had fresh running legs and I wanted to give them a good workout, no excuses for fatigue and see how they did.

I didn't think I needed gloves. I was wrong, my hands were frozen. I almost went home and got them. It was also windy. It started drizzling rain and then it started raining harder. In light of all that I had a good session. My fastest 400 was at a 5:47 per mile pace, my fastest 800 was at a 6:06 mile pace, both were on my last set. That's my trademark, go hard at the end, finish strong.

Even when I got home I was frozen. I had a long hot shower. My plan was to try and bike today, not a chance, it was too fricken cold and I wasn't in the frame of mind to bike or swim. I was happy that my legs got a great workout and I could feel them pumped for the rest of the night.

I did more work on my website and just chilled. Alice and I went to the afternoon showing of 50/50, terrible movie as far as I'm concerned. I was only 96 minutes that felt much longer. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Alyssa went to it and she really liked it. I'm shocked.

Food wise I ate pretty good up until about 9:30 then did a little snack on some chips, popcorn twists and went to McDonald's for a small McFlurry. With my craving for ice cream Alyssa things I'm pregnant. We did have our semi-traditional Sunday night dinner of steaks. Definitely healthy.

I also spent some time working on my Results Internet Marketing Website. I'm really happy were it is at right now. I should have the copy finished tomorrow and I'll post a draft website for text to be read only. It will be under www.resultsinternetmarketing.ca , any feedback will be much appreciated. Don't judge it for design, it's only for content. I'm hoping to have the content finalized this week and the website up next week.

Got 33 days until the race. I'm feeling pretty good so far. I just hope we get some good riding weather, I just can't bare thinking of riding my bike on the trainer.

Speed Run - 59:00 / 12.37 km / 4:45 avg pace
3040 calories

3 comments:

Matty O said...

Good stuff. Yeah, I bailed on a long run this weekend, pouring rain and cold, didn't want to go to the gym and get on the treadmill. I need to lose the fair weather training attitude because it will be winter before I know it.

Nice work on the speed sessions. About time you stopped running with your walker and cane!

JohnP said...

you used the word 'Cloud'.

Fail.

Don't stop there, dont forget to include the word 'Cyber' too. All the cool kids use it.

Bryan said...

M, thanks.

JP, haha. Cloud I'm told is new. Suggestions if not cloud?

b