Friday, October 21, 2011

Head is spinning...



Right now I feel like a new man, I was up again early today and off to work. On the way I had two tasks I new I still need to work on. The first was my expense reporting for my holding company and AG, it was two months of stuff. The second was some keyword articles from Poochie I needed to review and re-write. Both required mind power.

I tackled the expenses first, getting reimbursed was more important. Money always is. Without going into gory details it's a lengthy process to get it all done. To put it in perspective I started around 10 am and finished at 4 pm. The guys in the office were so surprised I was there so long that they were wondering if Alice kicked me out of the house. Other than going to Burger King for lunch it was work-work-work. By the time I was done my brain hurt. Before I left I also submitted my insurance claims for physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage online, who knows what's happening with Wayne, I might be terminated from company insurance soon.

Talking about Wayne I still haven't heard from him. It's unsettling, even though I know that's his style. I also found out today that the moral in the front office is really poor. They don't like working for AG, they don't feel there is a future for promotion or wage increases. Turns out that AG is notoriously cheap and people have come to expect no wage increase. I'm also told that Oakville plant is not treated as well by the estimators and planners at head office. It's like we are not part of the group. To me, I don't give a crap, I don't get into the politics, I just do my thing and be nice when I have to be or steam roll when I need to do that too.

I emailed back and forth a bit with Rino. He was at one of my customers buildings and said he was going to be out that way next week and wanted to know if he should stop in. I said, sure, couldn't hurt. I'm not sure if his motivations are pure or he thinks I may be gone and wants to have some customer contact before hand. Either way I don't care, go for it. It's Carlo's company, he got me in. I'll send him to see Carlos.

We also had a record day, we got 2000 book orders yesterday and about the same earlier in the week, that's about $50,000 in sales, mostly all with Picaboo. They just ran a promotion. Tonight I was google searching Howard and the company he took public at 24 years old. I found something really interesting, the filing for his IPO, it has all the detail and can be viewed HERE.

These guys IPO raised about 50 million and they were only doing about $1 million in sales and had lost about $18 million. I wanted to try and find out how much Howard was getting paid, turns out it was $98,000 and lots of options. In total his options were valued at $10,000,000 if exercised. Then when he merged his company with IPIX the market value of the company was $850 million as per the article I found HERE. I'm not sure what Howard got out of it but it must have been at least a few million at minimum. The Chairman was Howard's partners dad who at one time was President and CEO at ISM, a company bought by IBM. There was some heavy weight successful people involved in his business Bamboo.com.

I guess I'm going to get my offer from Howard by Monday. I'm starting to think it will be more options laced and perhaps less sales. That's my gut feeling. I'm sure hoping it's not under $40,000 per year base. I have a range in my mind, $40,000 - $100,000 as a range. Not sure what he's going to do or what it's going to look like.

Tonight I also spent a lot of time setting up more Triathlon Toons stuff. I must say Poochie is doing a good job, my Alexa rank (a major measure on the web) went from a 3 million ranking to 800,000 which means there is only 800,000 sites better than mine. Thats' a big swing from 3 million. Picaboo is ranked in the 50,000. If you are under 100,000 you have a major site. My top competitor in the caricature sites is only 500,000. Soon we will be spinning out the general caricature toons site and promoting like crazy.

I'm getting closer to a focus on my Results Cloud Marketing. I think I'm going to do SEO as a constant, it's necessary and focus most of my attention on helping clients get immediate results with affiliate and pay per click programs. All clients want quick results, SEO is a long term strategy and may or may not bring results. The affiliate company I spoke to yesterday do Affiliate program management for very large companies and get paid by results. Perhaps there is something like that that I can do with smaller companies or a hybrid. I also book a follow up meeting with my Physiotherapist customer for Tuesday at 11:40 am. I had poochie put together some suggestions for me. I think I'm going to talk about her making a 6 month commitment and see how much she can afford, even if she can commit $500 per month it pays for Poochie for the next 6 months and I'd have him work on her stuff about 4-6 hours a week.

When I got home from work I was dizzy. I'm not sure if it was diet or just my brain working so hard. It was so boring and detailed work that I had a headache afterwards. I thought maybe that was making me dizzy. I tried to eat it away and it didn't work. I had some garlic bread, then pizza and snacked on salty junk food most of the night. I'm paranoid of not getting enough salt and don't feel guilty eating party mix.

I was going to swim today and blew it off. I did it yesterday and it wasn't critical to swim. Thought a day off would help more.

Picture of the day is an interesting one. It's from July 1999. Alyssa was 9 years old. It was the Pan Am games and it was held in Winnipeg that year. For the first time ever Triathlon was allowed into the Pan Am games and it was a big deal, if it did well, they were going to put it in the Olympics. As we were there watching Juan Antonio Samaranch, the Olympics head at the time came to watch. He had a son or something that was a triathlete and was the guy who helped push it to become an Olympic Sport. Alyssa came with me and after the race got her picture taken with both the guy and girl gold medalists. It was an era when is was grass roots style accessibility.

No Training - Recovery.
3736 calories

1 comment:

Matty O said...

Hey, I know you are a marketing guru. Make sure you hit up Facebook for a promo site for the toons. I have a lot of facebook friends (triathlon wise) and will gladly pimp the shit out of the site for you.

Essentially the whole guerilla marketing approach. Get it going soon too so that people could order for christmas.