Friday, April 22, 2011
Getty up...
Waking up dressed and lying on top of the covers is not a good sign, it means it's probably going to be a rough day. It was. With that said, I was bound and determined to get on my bike and train, the last time I rode was last Wednesday, the weather hasn't been good and I'm NOT riding indoors.
The drinking is one thing, the cigars are another. I was recked today and took the first 3-hours of my day writing yesterday's blog post. I wanted to get it all down. I also checked email, it turned out that I got a super positive email last night from Snapfish eluding to a lot of potential photo book work coming from them. I was drunk and emailed back, then laughed at it and emailed him today telling him I had a buzz on last night.
Alice made some bacon and eggs for my 1 pm breakfast, just what the doctor ordered. It was still cold out 5C and I bundled up and got outside, it was also windy. I knew it was going to be a hard ride, my resting heart rate was 85 bpm just standing. I was actually surprised I averaged 28.3 kph for the entire ride.
I rode strong, surprisingly, my legs felt great and I was riding fast. I had to slow down only because my heart rate was too high, at least for the first half of the ride with the wind at my back. On the way back with no food in my stomach I started to feel a mini-bonk by the time I got home. The last have was also really cool, I got home and even with a hot shower I was still freezing.
During the ride I used the new exercise I was given from the hypnotist, it was awesome. She explained that when I'm envisioning something it's usually in a movie format and you're part of the movie in your mind. When you experience something negative, take it from a movie format, remove yourself from the movie, make it a black and white photograph and throw it over your shoulder. On the first have of the ride I was littering photo's over my shoulder and onto the road like crazy. It works. The minute you do it the thought leaves your mind.
She also explained that you want to keep the good movies and remember the feelings and want more of them or visualize what you want to be doing and put yourself in the movie and absorb the feelings. During our sessions there is an exercise that she asks to visualize back to the perfect point of your life, when you were the person you were meant to be, when life was just so natural.
I told Alice about the exercise last night and asked her when she would say it was the perfect point in our life. She thought about it and viola, she described the same point in time that I did. We were in our early 20's, we were living together on Harbison Avenue in our first house, it was a one-bedroom under 600 square feet. I was into triathlons and worked at Image Color, very hard and excelled. Alice and I would get up on a beautiful Saturday or Sunday and walk from our house to downtown Winnipeg and just talk and dream. Or we'd walk up to the video store and pick up movies and watch them. Everything about life at that point was beautiful. I didn't even drink at that point and enjoyed the weekends early in the morning. It was a great time in our life, we weren't making lots of money, yet life was rich.
After my post-workout shower I was semi-bonking, it was a hangover mixed with a bonk. I felt like going out for dinner, a family celebration. We went to Marciano's Pasta Cafe in Waterdown, it recently reopened and it's even better than ever. It's a winner, the food is awesome and it hit the spot, I felt much better afterwards. The bill with tip came up to $100.01. Yesterday I filled up with gas and it stopped at $100. That doesn't happen everyday.
On the way home I picked up a McDonald's Mocha coffee, love them and when we got home Alice, Alyssa and I watched a documentary. I was still not feeling well and was able to sleep in and out of it, what a difference sleeping makes on healing the body and mind. Today was a real jump start on getting back on track. I am totally committed at this point to train hard for the next 9-days and not doing anymore beer drinking before the race. I'm looking forward to getting up earlier on weekends, just like old time.
While I rode today I was stoked about work, I was playing what I need to do over and over in my mind. I was envisioning what my work life is going to look like, it's going to be like old time. I have a lot of initial set up to track sales and commissions and I need to set up a sales call plan and add to my prospect list. I'm looking forward to seeing how successful I can become and how quickly when I don't have to worry about anything other than selling. No employee, bank, production or management issues. I can just "cut down the trees" and move on, I don't need "to stack the lumber".
Tomorrow is going to be a big day, it's supposed to be between 15-18 C and I need to put in a long-ride and brick. It will be interesting to see how I feel. I'm sure I'll also be littering pictures. I can't believe how effective that technique is.
Mod Bike - 4:00:15 / 113.56 km / 28.3 km / 139 avg hr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That breakfast looks delicious
Time for something similar
J
Rock on, B. You're flying!!
Man, I can't picture a perfect moment in my life or who/what I am supposed to be. That is depressing!
Glad you have direction with work and a feeling of purpose with your career and daily life again. Its a good feeling.
I have just started sleeping properly. I had a rough winter with all the plowing again. Now I stopped setting my alarm and 3 days a week I sleep until I naturally wake up. I have felt so much energy lately, I agree with your views on this one!!!
Post a Comment