Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a difference a day makes...

I woke up dead tired and unmotivated. I haven't felt this way since winter when I'm in natural funk. I tried to get moving and it was hard. All I needed to do today was swim and I couldn't even do that. I drove to the pool, it was down to one lane and it was full and I don't like swimming with more than two people per lane.

Instead of swimming I decided to go home, sleep and then come back. I was dead tired. The only thing I could think it was was from the time I spent in the steam room and hot tub yesterday. Did it drain and tire me? I didn't even have the energy to shower this morning or go to work.

When I got home I went to bed and slept for a couple of hours, it helped a little. I was still unmotivated and tired. I also found myself wanting to snack, I didn't but I was eyeballing the liquorice. After dinner I felt a sleep again. When I woke I spent the rest of the night making offers on beer related products on eBay and checking out cigars I want to order online. It was tiring just doing that and I started to feel sick, like a cold was coming on. All the more reason not to drink or eat crappy food and put more stress on my body. After every workout I'm also now starting to take recoverite and whey protein, just to be safe.

I was possibly going to go to a movie with Jamie and after dinner didn't have the energy or motivation. It was a lazy night, I kept thinking it might be from the steam room and hot tub draining me. I spent 30 minutes in the heat.

It was a boring night and by 11:30 pm I was in bed hoping to shake my tiredness, lack of motivation and pre - cold symptoms.

Oh, I was somewhat productive today, I picked up my truck from the garage. I took it in to get my windshield replaced. It was whistling inside when driving at high speed and it was driving me crazy. I thought it was a simple fix, I saw some of the rubber on the driver side window was out of place, it looked like someone tried to get in with a coat hanger and damaged it.

Wrong!!! That wasn't it. It turns out that the front windshield was replace at one time and installed incorrectly. It didn't have the proper glue all around and ended up chipping. I had to replace it, $500 later. I then took the truck to the Acura dealer, recently there has sounded like a gear changing issue.

Never fails, I think I got a great deal on the truck and since buying it have put in a new starter, windshield and who knows else what. And I put on a trailer hitch. I'm into it for about $1200 right now. I'm still ahead, which is good, and I'll be happy if I don't have any more surprise expenses.

No Training
184.4 lbs

3 comments:

Simon said...

Sounds like a couple of early nights is what you need, so good on you for identifying that.

As for the truck, buy a second hand car and you're gonna ALWAYS be paying to fix stuff, ALWAYS. If you buy a new car then you lose 10-30% the second you drive it out the show room but you're pretty safe not to have to spend any money on if for three years. You know this of course so what's my point? STOP YA BITCHING, PAY YA MONEY, GET IT FIXED OR GO AND BUY YOURSELF A WHAAAAAAAAAMULANCE. Haha.

Matty O said...

We always buy new cars too. It's one of those things man, I HATE dealing with dealerships. They think everyone is a moron and I refused to get screwed over by those scumbags!

Hard to shake the funk sometimes, I have learned over the past year, take a day off to let the body rebuild and get its energy back.

Hang in there, don't worry bout the down days.

Bryan said...

S, thanks and your right about the car. I guess I shouldn't complain, a $60 k car 4 years ago for $17 K.

M, good advice. Thanks.

B