Friday, March 11, 2011

Awesome day..

Woke up at around 6:30, listened to one of hypnosis tapes. I really didn't want to go to the pool and swim, but I did and I'm glad I did. It felt good to finish my workout on in the morning and be done for the day, especially on a Friday.

I got to work around 10:00. It's a little later than I want to. I'd like to get there for 9:30, which means I need to be a the Y for morning workouts by 7:30-7:45 am.

Through the tests I've taken, I've realized I distract easily, I can't believe it's taken me this many years to understand that. I'm now working on it. I've decided that time at work is spent on work. Try to train before or after work. Personal stuff like Breali or Tri toons to do at home or only if there is nothing to do at work.

I focused on putting a marketing plan and budget together for Embassy Pro Books. Just by chance I decided to call Ric Kasnoff, a well respected and knowledgeable photographer in the U.S. For the next 2.5 hour Ric spewed out my marketing plan and how to position Embassy Pro Books in the marketplace. I made detailed notes, then rewrote them and emailed him a copy. By this time it was 4:30 pm and I was brain dead. It was a highly productive day.

On my drive home I felt so good about what I did today. In one regard I wished I did is sooner. I've realized I need this plan and potential sales budgets for Wayne to look at in order to determine how much money he could afford or could justify paying me.

When I got home, I had a beer then went out for dinner with Alice to Eatery and Refuge. The food was great, the atmosphere not so much. We came home and hung out in the Parlor Room having cocktails.

The kids made their second visit to Value Village. The first trip Reid picked up a 80's style sweater, made in Germany, which you never see and Alyssa got a tea cup. Then they went back again and Alyssa bought a bunch of tea cups thinking she could resell them for more money on eBay.

It was a good night, I got drunk. Since the hypnosis, I haven't snacked on any crap food and I've been eating regular food in regular sized portions and enjoying it more. At the restaurant I picked Salmon, I rarely order it and it jumped out at me internally.

When we got back there was an email from Wayne, saying he was away next week and we'll talk when he gets back on the week of March 21st. That gives me all of next week to finish my photo book and pro photo book business plans. It should just be enough time to do them right. I think I may send them to him at the end of the week and give him the weekend to look at them and think about the numbers, I'm going to ask Nolan's and maybe Jamie's advice. I'm being really patient and cool on this, I didn't even email him back yet, I'm going to wait until Monday.

Today, life was good. I'm feeling like my own man. I felt confident I could make things happen.

Swim - 1:13:02 / 3000 meters

No comments: