Much better day today. I got up late, listened to my tapes, and instead of training I made sure I got to the office before 10:00 am. From the moment I got in until 4:30 pm when I left, I hunkered down and worked on the Pro Book Business Plan. No lunch. Just a banana snack.
I can tell I'm getting stress or my body is stress from last week and is detoxing. I felt a cold sore coming on and by the afternoon it was definitely there. That's what happens with 4 days of drinking beer.
When I got home I was somewhat unmotivated to train. I asked if anyone wanted to go to a movie, that would get me out of training. This morning I had visions of me doing a 1:30 run and a 3:15 bike. By 6:00 pm I didn't want to do anything.
I did manage to force myself out the door after dinner. I did a 90 minute run at a very respectable pace and my calf didn't bother me. I got a couple of blisters coming on from the new shoes however.
When I got home, I felt much better, it's amazing what a run will do. I decided not to do my ride. I justified it by thinking it would be better for my calf if I didn't.
I did look at my training log and I'm down in the volume of training this month, so far I'm at 500 km and last month, 28 days, I did close to 1200 km. I'm not too concerned, I'll only miss one long ride this month. The challenge I'm facing is that it is so cold outside for riding and I'm mentally fatigued from riding indoors.
Jamie has pulled back on doing IMNZ next year and that might be best that I don't. Too early of training and the cost will be expensive. I think I'm going to sign up for IMTexas instead. It's near the end of May and would give me more of a chance to ride outside.
I'm a little anxious, I haven't heard from Wayne and I want to have this plan done before I do, or at least have it ready a day or two later. I'm very curious to see how the numbers come in on the financial side.
I gave Reid a bad idea today. He has duct tape on his chair and I said "wouldn't it be funny if your whole chair was duct taped". Now he's started doing it and Alice isn't too impressed.
Mod Run - 1:30:45 / 17.43 / 5:12 avg pace / 138 avg hr
No comments:
Post a Comment