Thursday, March 24, 2011
Overtime...
I'm really hooked on doing this business plan, I feel my priorities slipping from triathlons and training to work. I get working and I don't even want to go for lunch or think of training.
Today was the straw that broke my back. This whole experience has been enlightening. Today I put in a total of 10 hours work, 7 at the shop and 3 when I got home. Had I not went to the YMCA to do weights with my gimpy hand, I wouldn't have trained.
I had a tour of the AG sales people today, four of them. It looked like it was there senior reps, smart, older and asked good questions and understood concepts. I could tell they were impressed with the products and myself. I'm sure they are going to be talking me up at head office.
The only downside was I got this big, horken cold sore and I'm sure it distracted them. I did feel good body wise, as I walked, I'd be feeling myself up and my stomach felt nice and tight. My weight this morning was 187.4 lbs.
Some of what they want to sell can't be sold unless we have a good business plan together, which is what I'm working on and I mentioned it to the reps. One told me not to make it too wordy or expect a quick response. He didn't say it in a unprofessional way, more of a matter of fact.
I spent two hours with them and got back to the business plan. Doing it is like unwinding a ball of string. I'm quite interested to see what is at the core. I do feel pressure to get it done as I want to be ready when Wayne calls me or have it ready and call Wayne. I've been advised from all others to let him call me first.
I'm not sure how much the plan is going to cost or if he is going to go for it. I do know the plan is solid, I could definitely sell this somewhere else. I also know that I'm seeing my capabilities in action, what I'm doing is not something anyone could do. I wish I would have had someone around me who was capable enough to do this when I had a business.
I'm also realizing that if he wanted me to run this business, I couldn't do it for less than $240,000 and more ideally $300,000 plus, it's a lot of sacrifice to make sure it all works properly. The change in focus from triathlon to work is troublesome. I've come so far fitness wise I don't want to go back. I'd prefer to make less, with no hassle but the ability to train and if I'm going to get hassle, to get paid a lot to make it worthwhile and not have me questioning myself.
I finally closed down my computer at 10:30 pm, I was shocked at the time. I got home at 7 pm and 10:30 felt like it was 8 pm. I went downstairs filled up my humidor with water and had the last two tallboys. Then I convinced Alice, she was tired, to go to the Purple Heather for a couple more beers. We got two drinks in before it closed at midnight. I'm glad it closed, I had about 6 pints and anymore I would be a basket case tomorrow.
I did go for lunch today, the first in three days. I ordered a pita and a salad. I probably only should have went for the salad, I wasn't that hungry. When I got home my mind was racing and I over ate a little. No junk food, just stir fry and ribs. I still haven't snacked on junk food and by the end of the night I felt bloated. I don't like that feeling anymore.
I don't like the feeling of work over taking my past laisia fare attitude.
Weights - 45 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wish I understood this stupid business plan you keep harping about.
If I feel good physically I carry myself much more professionally and can handle meetings (with pissed off contractors) much better. It's all mental.
Post a Comment