Good weight training session, didn't snack and went for a tempo run. 18 minutes into tempo run my right calf blew out and Alice had to pick me up.
I got up this morning at 5:30 am and instead of going to sleep, I listened to two audio hypnosis tapes, stress relief and self-confidence. Actually feel a little difference since yesterdays' session. More focused.
More focused at work today to. Went to YMCA in the am, left house by 8 pm and then got to office by 10 am. I think I need to leave the house by 7:30 in order to get to office by 9:30 am each day.
I thought my calf would be okay with all the stress relieve and tapes, it felt great walking around and up until it seized, it felt great.
When I got home, I didn't despair, career, family and quality of life are my priorities and it just means I have to rework the plan. For almost 5 years I didn't have a calf problem, that's a blessing, I accomplished a lot in that time. Who cares now, I just want to stay fit enough to do an Ironman and keep in shape for self-confidence and self-esteem purposes.
Weighted in at 185.4 lbs today. One month ago, February 10th, I was 191.4 lbs. I was bloated then and dehydrated today which made it a 6 lbs loss. In reality, it's probably a 2 to 3 lb loss, still not bad considering I've added muscle.
I've reset up my training schedule, more to be in line with work, training and family. Less high performance, more of the base requirement. I don't want training to feel like it's the number one priority of my life. I want it to be like a part of my life and career and family is the primary focus.
Part of me doesn't want to blog, part of me does, only to keep track of my new journey and where it's going to take me. I don't want to blog for others or to get comments back, I'm kind of wanting to remove myself from the world of triathlon community, I want it to be more singular. I want the blog posts to be shorter and less than 10 minutes a day to write if I want to right them.
I'm not yet convinced if I'll continue or not.
1 comment:
Lucky for you, your number one hated commenter is back haha!
Balance... funny word. Difficult to do man. If anything I will be more impressed that you can juggle regular life with IM training. That right there is harder than qualifying for Kona in my book.
Glad you are still blogging.
Post a Comment