Friday, March 18, 2011

Doctor, doctor...

When I woke up this morning I woke up naturally, I didn't set my alarm. I've been setting it for 6:15 am for the past couple days and it was tough to get up. I wanted to see what time I'd wake up naturally. It turns out it was 8:00 am.

As I woke I was running the math through my mind of what I should do, listen to my tapes or workout on my bike. I didn't even want to get out of bed. I got a moment of motivation and boom, I was on my bike for a one hour tempo ride. I rode harder, didn't like it, but it was faster than the previous ones this year. I used to be so fast and an animal on the bike, now I'm a mouse.

I was so glad to get the ride done, it set up a guilt free day. Within minutes of my bike I was in the shower and on the way to Dr. Hack's for a physical. He's a good dude, only in practice since 2007 and super smart and people oriented. We lucked out getting him, I though our old doctor Johnson was great, this guy is way better, especially personality wise.

He gave me a blood work requisition and because I hadn't eaten since yesterday or this morning I went right to the clinic for the blood work and EKG. He wanted me to have one to check my heart, sometimes endurance exercise can cause problems with the heart and boom, heart attack. He also told me to lay off the beer, but gently.

I'm really curious to see what the numbers show from the test on my liver and kidneys. He described the effects alcohol have and said once your liver goes, then it's the kidneys and then the stomach, he said it's all bad.

I got to work at noon and worked hard right up until 4:30 pm when I went into my hypnosis appointment. I had a demo on some photo book software and Doug Martin called me with his yearbook promotion plan idea, it was awesome.

At the hypnotist we focused on eating healthy and not binge eating. It felt weird hearing eat better, see your ideal self and your sitting in the chair fit. Last week we focused more on my personal situation. It felt better and more reasonable than the weight. She gave me some techniques to try and a couple more tapes. One on goal getting and another on binge eating.

I told her that this is a lot of work and she then told me I don't have to listen to both tapes everyday, just one and I could alternate. She said it shouldn't feel like work.

When I got home I ate, more than normal, weird. Then I pushed myself to continue to work on the marketing plan for the pro books. I put in another 3 hours. That's a solid 7.5 hours of work today on AG stuff. I'm on a roll. I'm still only 45% done and I'll only get a couple more hours done on it tomorrow.

I went on priceline.com today and put in a bid of $85 for a 4 star Toronto hotel and viola I got the Hilton in downtown Toronto. Tomorrow is St. Patricks day, I've never celebrated it before and I plan on doing it tomorrow. I'm going to finish work at around 1:30 pm and head downtown with Alice to visit the Irish bars and get drunk and then roll into the Hilton to spend the night.

The only thing I have to do besides that is get a hair cut at 10:50 am. I'm supposed to run tomorrow but decided to take a week off to let my calf heal. I may go for a 20-30 minute run tomorrow to see how it feels. Slowly.

I'm also really happy about booking the same hotel we had last year for IMLP, it's right across the street from the transition zone, can't get closer. Only bummer is it's $306 per night with a 6 night minimum. That's a lot of money, they have you by the short hairs.

I got lots done today, major role. My mind was even racing when I went for the hypnosis but I focused and was able to stop it, I was amazed. If felt good to be able to release everything and empty my head.

Tempo Bike - 1:00:08 / 31.17 km / 31.1 avg km

No comments: