Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 4 of the Long Weekend...


We got to bed around 5 am and I woke up at 1:23 pm. I think Jamie then came over at 2:23 and the Keg started flowing again for the fourth straight day. Now I remember why I did fill it for the last few months and it should be called my Crack-erator.

I love having beers mid-day on a Sunday, especially watching a major golf tournament, it's relaxing. I've also decided that I need to do more of my partying earlier in the day and get to bed at a reasonable hour. Barb and Jamie are perfect friends for that schedule, they go to bed early all the time. If I just went to be 2 hours after them, all would be well.

I didn't train today, I was too dehydrated. The number one sign is my calf's feel dehydrated and cramp easily. I haven't had that sensation in a long time. I was going to go for a swim and decided to drink instead.

At 6:30 pm the Nolan clan came over. Al brought his kids Mike, Kevin and Sara. Sara had a gymnastics competition in Burlington. She was showing us some of the stuff she could do, amazing. She's also ripped, more than her older brothers. She's probably only 10 years old. Al's kids remind me of myself and my brother at their age, they are so full of energy. They were playing the slot machine, the pinball machine and before the end of the night the pinball machine flipper wasn't working and the slot machine was having intermittent problems. They are great testers. Before they left they we munching on the $145 worth of pub food we ordered for dinner. There was wraps, wings, ribs, onion rings and fries. We gave the kids the fries to take home and eat in the car. Al keeps a tight rein on them with respect to eating healthy and anytime they can eat garbage they seem to love it.

They really are good kids and Al's a good Dad. He lets the kids be kids and have fun. He doesn't sweat the small stuff. They are also respectful kids, good students, excellent athletes. Al's also big time involved with their hockey and is on the hockey board.

Aside from helping with the hockey, Al's organizing a 10 km pub crawl. The concept is everyone wears costumes, it's 12 bars in 10 km over a 6 hour period and they is about 15 guys doing it. Hopefully Jamie will change his mind and do it. Frankly, it scares me. I know I'll have probably more than one beer at each stop and by the end of the day will be feeling no pain. I have a horse head as part of my costume and was going to go with a hula skirt as well. Now that I hear theirs a prize for best costume and on Al's advice I may wear a Borat Mankini with the arm straps and my hairy ass hanging out. As the run is evolving Al's making some interesting rules, like identifying with an X mark on each person who doesn't drink at a bar and if they get to many X's they have to drink X amount. I gave him the idea of giving a check mark or use a bingo blotter to do the opposite to see who drinks the most.

Family front, Reid went for a buzz cut. He was going to do it himself in our bathroom and then decided against it. I guess it was too intimidating. He had lots of hair to cut. We also watched the apprentice tonight, second last one. I love that show. When it ended I was so disappointed. I had a nice buzz on and loved that show. Some of my favorite times are sitting with Alice on a Sunday night watching TV and having cocktails. The worst is Monday morning and trying to get back into work gear. The key is to get up early and get behind my desk as early as possible.

In the middle of the night I was so dry, I got up and drank two big glasses of water. I was so tired I had to nap on the couch between glasses and I poured a third one and took it up to my room for an early morning hydration drink. I almost feel asleep pouring the water. I'd like to say I'm getting to old for this but why bother, it's not like I'm going to stop. I've tried, it's futile.

No Training

No comments: