Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fair weather training...

If the weather would just cooperate I'd get back to training. It's time. I think I'm back hydrated, it's been 10 days since IMSG and it's time to start getting ready for IMLP.

Today was a MUCH better day than yesterday, I was more than productive at work. Monday was a 4-day weekend booze recovery day, today was blast through all the stuff I didn't do yesterday and need to do to get ahead. It didn't take as long as I thought. That happens when you're head is clear. My weight was 185.8 lbs today. I think I'm actually in the 184's. I'm glad about that, it means I've only gained a couple of pounds since IMSG and I'm back hydrated and ready for training again without getting injured.

Work wise I focused on two things. My day job, of which I also got confirmation from Shutterfly that my first job is a go and I found out they bought two of their major competitors in the U.S. They are not yet producing work in Canada, which sucks for me. However, they say when they do, probably a year from now, I'm on the short list. The second area of work I focused on was Triathlon Toons, I haven't done anything on it for a long, long time. I've now hired Alyssa to take it over for the summer and I had to go through everything with her. It took a few hours and she seemed bored, that I was over-explaining and she got it all. The plan is to roll out a regular site called Caricature Toons for the general public and get a wider swath of people ordering from it. The Triathlon Toons site has been great for sponsoring me in triathlons and providing me financial support for training, it's just not generating that much revenue.

I was going to train today, except the rain stopped me. I wasn't motivated to go out and run or bike in the rain. In fact this weather is depressing me. The winter sucked and now the spring sucks. I can't remember very many day's this year that were warm and sunny. It's either cold or raining.

Instead of training I spent my time looking at crap on the Internet I could buy for the Pig & Whistle. I even drove a three hour round trip to check out a pinball machine in Woodstock. The guy made it sound in mint shape and it was the worst I've ever seen and didn't even work properly when we got there. Major disappointment. I really liked the game board and it was very forgiving.

The rest of the night was spent looking at pay phones, pinball, fire boxes, fire hydrants, barber poles, gas pumps, beer taps, barber chairs, pac man sit down video games, parking meters and wall clocks.

On the wardrobe recovery front, it looks much better. It's still got stains from the clear coat nail polish, but it's not anywhere near as noticeable and wearable. Good job Alice!!! I love that pullover and was near tears when it happened.

No Training - Wuss Out.

3 comments:

Simon said...

So you wear nail polish AND cried when you got it on your sweater. What a girl. Jeez.

Matty O said...

PUSSY!

I will agree, the winter sucked, and the spring is 100% worse.

Get your ass in gear and start training again will you?

Bryan said...

S, haha.

M, will do soon.

B