Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Day 2...



Alice and I both got a great sleep last night, about 11 hours. We both needed it. We were playing catch up from a late Thursday night.

Today was a really lazy day. Up late, blog and then I went for a run. First since IMSG. Again, I was really happy with it, I ran much faster than I thought I would and my average heart rate was only 126 bpm. As strange as it sounds, I've noticed over the years that my body responds to heavy training well. I truly believe that if I did an Ironman the week after an Ironman, my second race would be faster than the first.

It's been raining all day and after my run I fertilized the lawn, something Alice has been wanting me to do since last year. She takes pride in having a nice lawn. The other day she got some contraption and figured she pulled 2000 weeds. In Canada they no longer sell weed killer in fertilizer. To eco friendly for me. After the fertilizer I went to Radio Shack and picked up an adapter for my 1976 Colleco Vision Pong game, it cost me $9. I also picked up a fan for the basement to help suck out the cigar smoke.

I stepped on the scale today at 181 lbs. Even though it's dehydration I like it. I haven't been eating that much either. Tonight for dinner I was craving a hamburger and barbecued one. As I was out barbecuing, so was John Fortuna, my neighbour. We get along really well and they are just great neighbours. We've been to their cottage in the summers and they are the people who took us to their daughters hockey game in Rochester and then all hell broke loose and cops, fireman, medics and security guards were all over the place.

Talking across from our deck to theirs I invited them over for beer tonight if they want to come by. I much prefer those impromptu discussions as opposed to pre-planning a night. I did realize after I invited him that it will probably not be an early night. John and family, except for mom Lisa, will stay up with me all night. John's tapped me out a couple of times.

Sure enough they came over and it was a 4:50 am night before they left. It was a lot of fun. John, Lisa, Aleshia and Jacob came. The kids love coming and they now call me "Uncle Bryan". I don't know why but young kids like hanging with me and Alice. I guess the fact that I let them drink my beer and smoke my cigars helps. It was also a games night, other than John, I beat everyone at pong. Then I lost to Aleshia at pool and John is really good on the pinball machine. He was playing it for at least a couple of hours and even said he got the four multi-balls going at the same time. Whew, I was wondering if that feature worked or not.

I was teaching the kids how to smoke cigars last night. They didn't know how to draw without inhaling and they love when I blow smoke rings. Poor Jacob had to much of the cigars and started to look sick and then we told him he better go outside if he's going to get sick. Which he did, he threw up in our backyard and then went home to bed, he wasn't feeling well. Earlier in the night I was showing the kids the hang loose sign, that's what I use all the time now. I don't wave or give a peace sign, it's always a hang loose Hawaii style salute.

On the wardrobe side I took a devastating blow tonight. I was moving beer glasses from the kitchen to the bar and knocked a bottle of clear coat nail polish onto the ground, it smashed and spilt on my new orange Ironman Utah finisher pullover. It's my favourite. It put me in a funk for close to two hours. Alyssa said there is some stuff from Walmart that can remove nail polish, I hope she's right. I couldn't even order another if I wanted to.

Mod Run - 53:17 / 11.0 km / 4:50 avg pace / 126 avg hr

3 comments:

CouplaHounds said...

Sounds like a cool night! Sorry to hear about the nail polish incident though....hopefully the remover will work.

Peace. See ya. Hang Loose....

Matty O said...

Crazy on the weight man... is that your lightest?

I agree with you, I don't like planned visits, they aren't "genuine" in my opinion haha.

Love that you are corrupting the youth ;)

Bryan said...

D, thanks, me too.

M, not my lightest, getting close, I've been down to 177 after IMChina.

B