Sunday, May 22, 2011

God help me...




This is one long weekend. I'm loving it. It's a real workout, especially on my liver. I decided not to train today. I need a rest day, or two. Instead I hung around the house and did nothing but barbecue some delicious hamburgers and drink beer and play pinball.

I love having the kegerator because Reid loves pouring from it and no matter what postal code I'm sitting in Reid will take my beer glass and fill it. He's also become quite the little connoisseur of cigars. He's been looking at the cigar aficionado magazine and has found many of my cigars I ordered in the top 100 list. He's also asked for a subscription to the magazine and has even picked out is graduation humidor gift. As Borat would say, "it's a very nice".

Today was beers, barbecue, pinball and a big bon fire at night. We pulled out the fire pit and loaded it with wood and let the games begin. I love the smell of smoke. It was just the three of us, Reid, Alice and me. It seems like Reid enjoys hanging around us, that's cool. He also came up with a system where we write our ranking of the cigars on the bottom of the box. We have one 8 and one 9 going right now and a 6.

I made a couple of burgers for Reid and I on the charcoal. They were awesome, even Reid agreed and then using the words of the movie Pulp Fiction said, "this is one tasty burger". Also, I'm now in love with my pinball machine, I have the new high score of 1.6 billion and I figured out the software and now have 5 balls running. It's a challenging game and not easy, that's why I like it.

No Training - Life's good.

2 comments:

Matty O said...

Apparently you have a new found skill of playing with a lot of balls at once. HOMO!

Haha, glad you guys all mesh well and get along... never had that relationship with my family. Enjoy the time with him man, that is huge for his growth as an adult!

Bryan said...

M, thanks, it's been a lot of re-programming on my part from how I was raised. I often catch myself having to rethink how I'm going to respond. My learnt behaviour is often the first choice and then I catch msyelf before I say anything.

B