Thursday, May 12, 2011
It was a F*ck, f*ck, f*ck and stay out of my way day...
First day back from Vegas and lots to do, work and home wise. First thing this morning the stereo guy Jeff, who's also a cyclist, showed up to install the surround sound speakers to my home entertainment room. I started the project in 2005 and each year bought something. It started with wiring, then outdoor speakers, a receiver and now it's complete, other than one day I need to buy a 70" flat panel TV when they become cheaper. I have a 65" HD projection TV right now.
I also had a major priority of picking up a fresh Keg to get the Kegerator fired up for the summer. Prior to, I cleaned the lines. That was the beginning of swearing and cursing all day. Nothing went as planned. Things started getting loose and leaking and beer started spilling. In the end I got it right, it wasn't easy. I learnt a lot.
Setting up the slot machine and using it for the first time and experiencing some problems, then hanging the new jersey frame for my Tretiak Jersey, taking the doors of the closet and putting the cigar fridge in the crawl space, putting my bike back together (new record 11:20), hanging an Asics light in the garage, cleaning out the garage and organizing my bike stuff, none of it went smooth. Just trying to find the right tools was a chore. I couldn't find a hammer, I have about 6 (damn Reid) and I was hammering nails with a mini sledge hammer. That's how bad it got. Reid heard the swearing from upstairs and told Alice he ain't going down there. Good thing. If I put something down, I couldn't find it. It was bad karma all day.
In the end I got it all done and the Pig & Whistle is looking great. I finished off all but one of my last Coors tall boys and we played pinball and the slot machine. Alyssa came down to look at her plants and Reid was trying on his new double stitched, professional quality wrestling mask. As I was sitting at the bar with my feet comfortably on my new bar rail, Reid came down in full wresting character and was wearing my suit jacket. Damn, we didn't even need to buy him a suit for graduation, he now fits my clothes. He's also starting to lose weight in only a week. Alice bought him a new pair of pants and they are now falling off him. Looks like he's going to be ready for the chicks next year with no braces and fitly trim. He also came down looking a little nerdy with a Harley shirt I bought him in St. George.
I'm also really happy with all the additions to the Pig & Whistle. It is really shaping up nicely. I'm loving it more and more and more. I even installed my new kegerator tap handle and have a whole bunch more that I bought off EBay. I'm the king of the .99 cent purchase. I'm also very proud that my humidor is at perfect temperature and humidity, Jamie would be impressed. Life is damn good right now and I'm so ready to get back to training. In only 5 days I feel like I'm atrophying.
Today I got sent a video of Ironman St. George, really captures the spirit and course. Frankly, I felt it was an easy course this year, other than the swim. Had a ton of fun and felt much better afterwards than last year. Stomach was much better.
No Training - Spring Cleaning - Recovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Man that humidor is awesome, I have a beautiful handcrafted one but it's the size of an ice-box, nothing like yours, I'm well impressed.
No idea what a Tretiak shirt is, I'm assuming it's something to do with Curling or some other such minority Canadian sport.
Loving the foot rail.
Reif scares the sh*t out of me! haha
Reid scares the sh*t out of me I meant
Hey man, the bad karma. I have those days. H recognizes and tries to get me to calm down. Everything I do or touch just goes wrong. It's cool and just toss those days in the trash.
Meant to tell you the Porsche Handle was really awesome you got Jamie!
Reid is getting big man. I think you might start losing the wrestling matches against him!
S, yup, I think I even got it from Malyasia, no joke. Tretiak is a Russian Hockey Goalie, perhaps the best ever and played around 1976. To get one of his signed jerseys in NA is very rare. Yup, he keeps getting bigger, size 12 or 13 shoe now.
M, the handle is Ferrari, looks like you know as much about cars as I do. haha. Definitely he's getting big, I'm already feeling small around him.
B
Post a Comment