Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kick'n Ass...


Most important things first, Alyssa got notified by her University that she needs to attend an awards ceremony next Tuesday to pick up two awards. The first is for making it to the Dean's list for having high grades and the second award is for getting the highest mark in her psychology class. Whoa...major impressed. To get the highest mark in the degree that your study for is awesome.

With respect to Reid he can't stop wearing suits around the house. I think I'm living with some sort of business man. He's in love with his suit. I was asking him if he was going for a job interview and he told me that he's self-employed. I asked him what he does. After a while he said he sells things like his drum set and punching bag. We couldn't have two more different kids, Alyssa is awesome at school and Reid has awesome self-confidence.

On the training front I was tired all day. At the end of the day the skies opened up and we got some sun. That helped with the motivation. I got on the bike and did my ride. That was a major win. All day I was tired, actually beyond tired. It was a waste to go into work and I knew it when I got out of bed. I did have a lunch meeting with Carlos to talk about some work and in the back of my mind the entire time I was waiting for it to end. Which says a lot considering half our conversation was Ironman and bullshitting.

I think I see a pattern, two days full throttle, one day crap. I'm also needing to pull in my spending. I've gone over-board in the last two weeks. Between IMSG and all the crap I've bought it's probably around $20,000. I can tell it's over-board Alice seems to have this sick look on her face. I guess that's what happens when you finish an Ironman and take a week off, you get bored. The other thing is that it's not uncommon to spend money a little erratically if your bipolar, it's a symptom. I'm usually pretty good about it AND I've always used it as motivation to make more money. It's the fear that you need it. They say the best salesman to hire is one that's in debt.

I was going to run tonight after my ride and got held up talking to the neighbour. Then I got in the house and was damn irritable, even Alice mentioned it. Then it started getting dark and I didn't want to run in the dark.

For the last few days I've been biting nails and get pissed off easily. Another bipolar trait. I really think the issue is that I broke my training routine as rest after IMSG and now I'm getting back into it and my body and brain chemistry needs time to adjust, especially after a 4 day bender last week.

By 11 pm tonight I was exhausted and told myself the first thing I'm going to do in the am is go for a run. The one upside about today was I had another great bike ride. I passed a lot of people. I was really looking for someone to race tonight, the last ride was the same. I'm looking for that non-tri-bar cyclist with the fully shaved legs and super hot and excessively clean bike who weighs about 140 lbs. The one thing I'll say about training is it helps get your energy back. I felt much more alive after my ride than before.

On the plus work side I finally got my first job from Shutterfly. A small job, it was confirmed once I got home from my ride.

Tempo Bike - 1:23:50 / 44.69 km / 31.98 kph avg

6 comments:

CouplaHounds said...

Nice ride stats. Good man!!

I think you are right - after you settle off training for a bit, it's harder to get back into the routine. But knowing you, you'll get the chemistry back pretty quick.

By the way...

Not that you should spend more money, ha ha, but I'm dying for someone to buy a smoker (meats) and smoke some food away all day long and write about it. I can see a smoker fitting into your backyard nicely...not that you hang around for 5 hours while it works, but think of some brisket or smoked fish in the P&W?! That'd be awesome, if you ask me, haha! You can invite me later :-)

Pedalman said...

Nice ride brother. Looking for a '140lbs cyclist with shaved legs?' Now you've got me looking over my shoulder when I go riding. You stay at your end of Toronto and I'll stay at mine.
Haha.

DRog said...

WTG Alyssa !!!

Reid!!

haha

nice training already after IMSG
have a great wknd

put your wallet away:)

D

I Tri 4 Downs said...

I stopped being an accounting major because I didn't want to wear suits...I still only wear them at funerals, weddings, or job interviews! The last time a wore a suit was for a funeral over 2 years ago, right after I lost 50 lbs, I looked like a sick patient from a prison hospital.

Matty O said...

Well I think you dialed it in with the training being off and your mood off too.

I feel that same way with training, you end up going nuts when those happy chemicals are not being produced!

I am concerned with your spending and bipolar comment.... crap, maybe I should get checked out haha.

Bryan said...

D, thanks. I do like the idea of a smoker, thanks for the idea, Alice will love you. Kijiji here I come. haha.

I, thanks. Yup, sometimes you just feel on. haha

D, Thanks for props all around. And yes, good advice.

B, haha.

M, yup, spending and bipolar, very common.

B