I think part of my mental health issues may be work, I don't like it. I'd rather not work and get paid. Frankly that's what I'm doing now. I'm not doing a heck of a lot time wise. That's one of the benefits of being in sales the measurements are results not effort. Thank God.
I'm actually in a good spot and I need to get used to it and not feel guilty. I do kind of miss having the work drive I had when I started my career, although I know if I immersed myself into my work my training would suffer and ultimately it would effect my mental state and self-image. I really do need to figure something out that I can live with.
I did come up with a list of rules last week and so far the list is as follows:
Bryan’s Life Rules
May 25, 2011
No drinking more than 3 drinks between Sunday – Thursday
Work from 3 – 5 hours a day.
Train min 5 days week
Stay off computer as much as possible during non-working or productivity hours
Do not spend money without Alice’s approval
Make a minimum of $300,000 per year
Get to bed no later than 12:30 am on weekends and 11:30 weekdays.
No snacking on Junk Food, only healthy food.
Keep weight under 181 lbs
Try to do weekend training sessions earlier in morning.
Drink more water
On Saturday and Sunday I woke up feeling pretty good. This morning I woke up dreading work and I've been a little paranoid that my boss hasn't responded to my emails. He is the slowest at making a decision, it takes a week to respond to me on average and then my mind starts thinking somethings up. Instead of freaking too much I tried to remember it's not a big deal and I need to make training very important to keep me balanced. I decided I was going to do my ride and then go into work in the afternoon. It was the second nice day we've had this year.
Before I left I got an email from Wayne wanting to know if we could talk at 1 pm and catch up. Damn, that meant I couldn't get the full 3:40 ride in. Instead of sitting and waiting until one, I decided to break the ride up and do 2:20 in the am and 1:20 after the call, which is what I did. On the ride I was fighting my paranoia and made it home with 10 minutes to spare for our call that lasted 46 minutes to be exact.
He was cool about everything, I was paranoid. We covered all the stuff and of course I make it sound like I'm working my ass off. He didn't bring anything up about the yearbook proposal so I assume he didn't find out and I could care less anyway. I've committed to him and plan on telling the other guys at the right time. I also wanted to make sure my invoices that I submitted last week start getting paid and know that it's for sure he agreed with the plan.
After the conversation I went for my ride, it was much hotter out than the morning, about 31 with humidex. It was noticeable with my heart rate spiking. It was very difficult to keep it under 143 bpm. With that said I loved the heat, I could ride in the heat all day long and for a long time. I was sweating like mad. I've also noticed that I'm really retaining water due to the heat. The ride was a fairly hard one I did lots of hills and based on that was happy with the average speed.
I got home at 4 pm and felt great. It's awesome having the flexibility to work at the office or at home whenever you want to, I use the word work loosely. I keep having to remind myself sales is about results, not effort. I think it might be easier for me once a year or two passes and I know this is for real. If someone told me I'd be in the position to enjoy my life this way I'd have a tough time believing it. Other than Al, I don't know anyone that works as little as me. Jamie's funny, he says he never works yet he's working all the time. I guess that's why he has $1 million dollars of cars in his garage.
I didn't eat much today, that happens with the heat and Alice was sick. Earlier in the day for no reason she threw up twice. She must have caught some bug. For the past week the entire family has not been feeling that well. Around 8:30 I got the big idea that I should barbacue up some ribs like I did on the long weekend. I took off to the store, bought them and by 10:45 pm they were done. They were good, just not as good as the last batch. I also learnt more about my weber and how to control the temperature. In my research I found that there is a barbacuing association. That's something I'd like to join. I'd probably be the only skinny guy there.
I've decided to wear my borat man-kini on Al's pub crawl. Al's all in with it. I may also open the door with it next time the pizzaville delivery guy comes. He's east indian and yesterday when he dropped off the pizza's he complimented me on my nice smile and that I looked sparkly clean. I wonder what he'll say when I show up as borat next time, he may get horny and jump me. I should make sure I have back up support nearby. The only thing I'm going to do is wear shorts and a shirt at the start of the race and when we go into bars, whenever we run I'm going to strip down and run borat style. At the beginning of the race Al and I aren't going to say anything and at the last moment I'll dis robe. Al also has a hair piece that I may put hanging out of my crotch area with bush cumming out both sides. I'm debaeting whether or not I should shave my hairy ass. I hope I don't get beat up in St. Catherines it's a blue coller town.
Mod Bike - 3:43:52 / 112.01 / 30.02 km avg / 132 avg first 2:20 hours / 142 avg last 1:20
2 comments:
First of all, looking at that photo of you riding, you should be careful riding on the wrong side of the road like that, it's dangerous! haha
Life Rules, very good and many not very different from ones I set for myself a few years ago. Mine doesn't have the pussy-whipped one where I have to ask the wife for permission to spend money though. Haha
Funnily enough my last rule was "Drink more water" too.
I see you're still gonna pussy out of the full Borat experience. What's the point if you have to keep getting dressed. Sure take the clothes just in case you have an issue but make the commitment to the start you PUSSY! (Al will have bail money I'm sure) haha
I hate to agree with Simon... but if you post the costume, tell us you are going to do this and then BAIL! Major pussy!
Your life rules are kind of funny to me... I get them and all but I think they are too immediate, like they address your current issues but not future ones. In one month you will have to revise because of something else. 3 drinks between sun and thurs is a joke. I give you maybe 2 weeks on that one haha!
Post a Comment