Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Really warm out...





I was so excited to hear the weather was going to get up to 41 C today with humidex. I love training in the heat. Unfortunately I wasn't able to run in 41 C, but I was able to run in 31 C at around 9 am this morning.

The first half of the run was good pace, last half was slow, I can't even count how many times I had to walk to keep the heart rate below 143 bpm. I now know why my run in St George was so slow, I was not even in the realm of ready for 93 F heat. It actually makes me feel better that I know. I was doing the math and figured if I had an okay run I could have come close to breaking 11 hours if it was cool out.

I left work early with the plan to sit on the deck and that happened by 4 pm. It was beautiful and the beer started flowing. After dinner we headed over to Barb and Jamie's and sat in their backyard smoking cigars and drinking beer. Jamie was pretty beat, he'd been up since 2:30 and had a day long meeting. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. At one point, getting up to go to the bathroom I almost feel into the table. Half was my legs not responding and the other half was the beer. I'd rule it a slip.

When we got home Reid and I hung out downstairs watching another black and white movie. Last night we sat and watched a couple of episodes of Abbott and Costello. That is one damn good show. I hadn't eaten dinner tonight, unless you consider beer dinner and ordered a pizza. I had no self control tonight and even during the movie, near the end I feel asleep.

Summer is here to stay, I hope. With the Kegerator set up, Alice was able to defrost the beer fridge, there was a mini iceberg forming and the door would no longer close. Then Alice started helping Alyssa with the garden and turn over the soil. Actually Alice was on a mission today she didn't sit still. Work, work, work. Me on the other hand was testing out a couple of new coasters. They are actually the cut outs from the photo books we make at work. We have an unlimited supply and they just get thrown in the garbage. I figure if they work, I can sell them on Ebay cheap and make some dough. Looks like the linen ones do not work, the faux leather does. I should do a test market and try them out in a pack of 6 or 8.

Great day.

Mod Run - 1:24:50 / 15.27 km / 5:32 avg pace / 141 avg hr

May totals
Swim - 9.9 km
Bike - 554.11 km
Run - 138.05 km
Total - 702.06 km
Weights 1 session
Hiking - 3 hours
34,217 calories
38.43 hours

1 comment:

Simon said...

Yeah baby, that's the life, that's the life!