Saturday, July 2, 2011
Blew it off and relaxed instead...
Second day in a row I slept in. Weird. Although I did fall asleep in my clothes. My plan today was to do a 6:10 bike ride and get back onto my training schedule. I raced last Sunday and have only done session since then, a bike ride on Thursday.
As I lied in bed I was fully convinced I'd be riding today. Then I got caught on twitter and next thing you know it was noon and I wasn't so sure. I had a decision. Do I train or do I drink beer. Beer drinking won. I emailed Jamie and Alice and I ended up at his house with beer in hand.
The back yard of their new house is spectacular. It's a 3 acre lot and it's the nicest back yard I've ever sat in. It's like a park and I can't even remember a resort I've been to that is better, it's so relaxing. While their we did a little work, if you want to call it that, helping Barb and Jamie put up some plastic chicken wire to keep Peanut, one of the little dogs from getting out of the backyard through the wrought iron fence.
We got home before dinner time I had a few more beers and fell asleep. I was beer'd out and fell asleep on the couch. My diet of late has not been ideal. I ate the rest of the ribs I ate yesterday and I was burping it up all night. I started the day off with an omelet, which looked terrible and tasted okay.
I'm a little worried about IMLP. My legs were really sore this week and I couldn't train without risking injury in my mind. I'm also so disgusted with my lack of upper body strength. I need to get back into the pool and gym. My curse is that I put an armband tattoo on my right bicep and it really doesn't look good with flab. When I got it I did say that it would keep me motivated to keep in shape and now it's pushing me and am semi-wondering if I should have got it, it was a good idea at the time.
As I was sleeping the Alice and the kids went to DQ for ice cream and they woke me and asked if I want one. I didn't, but out of habit I said yes, small chocolate extreme blizzard. When they brought it back I only at 2/3 of a medium on. Completely unnecessary calories.
I feel so soft. The one upside is that there is something called "muscle memory" and I know if I start training hard it won't take more than two to three weeks to get the upper body in shape.
No training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Speed work hurts man. Remember that.
You racing a 70.3 hurts. I think you were smart taking some time off to recover. I would have went right back into my schedule and probably ended up with another injury.
M, true.
Post a Comment