Saturday, July 16, 2011
Watching races...
It was a pretty lazy day. Had a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs, played around on the computer (aka twitter) and got out for a run around noon, it was 36 C / 95 F.
The run was really good heat considered. For the first 5 km I was running around a 4:38 per km pace. I ran for 75 minutes and came home soaking wet, shoes and all. I can tell I'm getting heat acclimatized finally. It seems like a mirror of last year, it was hot training leading into IMLP. The only issue I had after finishing my run was the side of my calf felt like it had a knot in it.
It was a beautiful day to sit out side and sip on beer. Unfortunately I stayed inside and fell asleep on the couch. So did Alice. I didn't realize it until we woke up but her blood sugar was low. I've never seen her sweat so much. Her shirt and back of her hair was soaking wet. It was like she took a shower.
Alyssa was hungry and at the last minute we decided to go to Mohawk race track dinning room. They have a buffet and as you eat you can bet on the horse races. We used to do it all the time when we lived in Winnipeg and we've done it at Mohawk before. It's a lot of fun.
It turns out that Alyssa was the big winner, all the bets we won on were hers. In total we won $97 on about $50 of bets. She had one $2 bet with 30 - 1 odds that she won with. I ended up splitting some of the profits with her even though she didn't pay for the tickets. How does that work?
We got there around 7:40 pm and I thought the time flew, we left around 11:30 pm. Alice and Alyssa didn't think the time flew. I was a little surprised. I was also surprised when the bill came to the table and it was $200. I only had 6 beers all night. I will say it is nice having Alyssa come and chauffeur us home.
Earlier in the night I got an email from John Barclay and he was having dinner near our house at Tin Cup and was going to come over to visit and check out my pinball machine. Unfortunately we hung out too long at the track and didn't get a chance to hook up. Mind you I will be seeing him at the Pig & Whistle party for Simon.
I've been looking on Kijiji for a free fridge. With the Keg being a little low I'm concerned about it running out during the Party. Over dinner tonight and being shut down on my idea of getting a free fridge from Alice and Alyssa I realized I could borrow Jamie's kegerator and buy a smaller keg as a back up and then sell his to my next door neighbour. Brilliant.
Tempo Run - 1:17:34 / 15.0 km / 5:09 per km avg / 145 avg hr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment