These past couple days I've been feeling transformational. I've been reviewing my life patterns and see that they repeat over and over. For example, I'll train, get lean, drink and eat to much, gain weight, then get back to eating better and training more and the processes will repeat itself. I realized it's the same in all parts of my life. Not always bad, just in some areas.
I've been feeling a bit Zen lately. I'm somewhat ready to get back to a smaller world, perhaps get off twitter. I don't do Facebook. Two awesome time wasters. Right now I just have an over powering feeling and I've had these before usually they mean transformational change. Often less said about it the better.
Today was a semi-rest day. Training was somewhat optional. I got a little excited when I got an email from LA Fitness that they opened today. My plan wast to go do some weights and go for a swim. On the way home I checked it out and the pool was not open, it was waiting for Government approval, which should happen in the next day or two. The club is great looking. The pool looks awesome.
I was at the office today and spent most of my time on personal business. Just getting the applications for to get Italian citizenship for the family was a lot of work. I prepared all the documents for my mom and dad to sign and mailed them off to them. I realized that as my mom gets older stuff like reading through papers and trying to figure them our are probably not easy, so I got everything ready for her.
After many emails between Debbie, Benny and then discussions with the Italian consulate, which is very unhelpful, I think I figured it out. Hopefully. In the end it makes it all worth while that I put up and paid for Benny and Debbie to stay at my place. The information was worth it. I knew there was a method to my madness, just not at the time.
I was looking at facebook and noticed Debbie Downer had a posting. It read:
A wise woman once said " There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." Repost if you agree.....
What is so hilarious about this post is that if I was to follow it, I'd walk, er, run away from Debbie Downer. Reid read it and laughed and said the same thing. With that said, I do like the saying and it's what I'm working on doing right now. Other than Debbie posting it, it was a well-time message.
I was eating very well today until I got home. Then I had some potato chips, actually a lot of potato chips. Then some other stuff like yogurt and a full tray of strawberries. I figured I was allowed, I did 14 hours of training in 3 days. We barbecued up some burgers for dinner and I went downstairs to play some pinball and watch the Tour from the DVR. I had only one pint of beer and stopped. Yup, I was able to control myself. That was a baby win.
It was a great moment. Lying on the couch, watching the tour, belly full and dozing in and out of consciousness and when waking and finding commercials fast forwarding through them. This DVR fast forward deal is awesome.
At 10 pm I hadn't trained and got the motivation to do weights. It's not uncommon for me to get a second wind around 10 pm. Unfortunately, pre-LA fitness, the YMCA was closed and I couldn't go. Today I got in the truck and 1.7 km and 3:38 second later I was at LA Fitness.
The club is definitely more of a younger crowd, some muscle-dummies (Reid's word for body builders) and some regular folk. Anytime you have good rates for a club it attracts people with less money to spend. I have a feeling the pool is going to be all mine or at least a lane of it, especially in the evening. It's open until midnight.
I did only upper body, didn't want to do any more lower body tearing down than I need to before IMLP. I anticipated feeling sore, I didn't it. It felt easy and like I hadn't missed a beat. Tomorrow morning may be another story. Looking at myself in the mirror with my shirt off as I was changing I realized I'm not in too bad of shape and only need a little weight loss and upper body firming. The bones of the structure are good.
Alyssa's making some progress on the Triathlon Toons stuff. We're getting more hits and people signing up. No sales yet, however it's too narrow, she's going to set up a generic caricature toons site. I think it's got some legs as a nice pocket change making machine for dinners, beers, etc.
Weight Training - 35 minutes.

2 comments:
great zen like status and getting to the club! I love having that option, but with the kids many times I'm too cashed for the late night run....but sometimes...
also the DVR = only way I can watch tv now
D
D, thanks.
Post a Comment