Friday, July 1, 2011

Canada Day!!!!




No training, nothing but deck. For the first time in a long time I slept in until 9:40 am. I couldn't believe it. When I woke up it was nice out and by noon I was on the deck with a beer in hand. It was warmer than normal until I realized that Reid must have knocked the door open slightly on the Kegerator when he was getting me beers last night.

My day was pretty simple. All I did was sit on the deck, barbecue ribs for 6 hours, drink beer, watch Ricky move a bbq and tweet all day.

The highlight was giving our neighbours two daughters, 3 and 5, the plastic doll house from Barb and Jamie's. The kids were so excited and couldn't stop playing with it.

By 8 pm the ribs were done, by 10:30 pm I was done.

No Training - Lazy Day

5 comments:

David O'Sullivan said...

Nice day man! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a holiday!

BL said...

Is that the Weber Kettle BBQ? I'm thinking of buying it, or the BBQ similar to it for sale at Costco, which cost alot less

Bryan said...

S, it was.

B, yes, weber kettle. Next for me is a smoker.

Simon said...

Dude, 6 hours to cook the flesh of dead animals seems like a lot of work to me. Don't they have microwave ovens in Canada? haha

Bryan said...

S, haha, just an excuse to drink, I reckon. haha