Sunday, July 10, 2011
Rough Sunday...
Bed at 3:30 am and beer and a couple of cigars makes for a lazy Sunday. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I didn't wake up until past 11 am.
My plan was to have a quality long run and was hoping to do it in the morning before the heat. As much as I want to acclimatize I want to get my long run speed up. I was looking back to last year and my long run this weekend leading up to the race was at a 5:10 per km pace. It's been a long while that I've had that sort of a run in training. I can't remember one that I haven't walked a lot of in recent memory.
Trying to run today with a semi-hangover would have been a waste of time and counter-productive. Instead I went to the movie Horrible Bosses with Alice, Barb and Jamie. Then it was back home for relaxation. I was going to have some beers and decided not to. I was able to fight the urge to be fresh for tomorrow to get in a quality long run and have a clear head for work.
One the weekend I got an email from Wayne wanting to get together on Thursday to discuss the photo books, space requirements, forecasts and strategy. I have work to do before the meeting to figure everything out. I'm doing it for two reasons, both related. I want to know what the numbers and potential is in order to see if Wayne is committed to pursue and lose money and for how long and what my earning potential is. I have this feeling that I'll eventually be cut at the knees, with an compensation reduction, earlier if we are losing money. I need to really evaluate if I'm best to pursue the Yearbook opportunity or not.
This week I want to get those numbers together and do a list of pro's and con's and get as much feedback from others as I can. I got some feedback from Jamie saying essentially losing money is not good over the long term, how would they pay you and not to do anything until the $1.5 million is raised.
Pretty much for the day I ate. I can't seem to stop. Not sure if it's the body craving or stress or lack of self-control. I ordered Pizza from Panago and then had strawberries and whip creme and chips and junk. The one thing I realized I have to do is eat as healthy as possible for the next 13 days before the race. I need to get as many nutrients in my body so I don't bonk on the bike. The last two long rides have been a little scary and have had some bonking which I attribute to diet.
This week I also have a buddy and old competitor coming in from Winnipeg to specifically get my thoughts on the direction he should take his printing company. I'm not sure what to tell him other than specialize or sell. Selling would be my initial recommendation.
On the family front I noticed a card with a whole bunch of words I didn't know on it. Turns out it's Alyssa's she finds these words, learns them and plans to use them in her school writing to sound smarter. She's already starting to read some books and brush up on some stuff she needs to learn for her upcoming school year. Alice says she's a great writer. As a gift Alyssa put all her essays together in a binder and gave them to Alice. She loves reading what Alyssa has wrote. One day I too want to sit down and start reading them.
No Training - No condition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dude I couldn't read all of those words but are you sure she wasn't writing a list of your personal traits? Haha, you should look some of them up. I'm not sure who she was referring to as "masterfully" although I suspect that she thought of that one last time you mentioned my name. haha
But come on - fractious, perplexing, snide, rancid who else could she be talking about but you? hahahaha
Good for Alyssa man. Sounds like she is very motivated and found her niche.
I think its awesome too how involved you and Alice are in your kids lives and that you guys support what they are interested in. Wish I had that growing up haha.
Man, get your crap together with this eating stuff. I think you are nuts for still binging hard core. You should punish yourself for eating crap. Every time you eat garbage you should make yourself do like 20 pushups or something. Good luck curbing the food.
S, haha.
M, yup she's motivated. Can't look back at childhood (advice I need to take) can only right the wrongs in the future. Good advice on eating.
Post a Comment